VSI strongly believes in a 3 pronged approach to treatment. First are therapeutic modalities to help decrease pain, increase blood flow and aid in the healing of damaged tissue. Second is manual physical therapy. This hands-on approach allows your therapist to and feel how well your tissues and joints are responding, enabling you to progress rapidly. Third is a comprehensive strengthening program, which is fundamental to the rehabilitation process.
VSI takes great pride in our professional staff. We have a strong and dedicated team that truly enjoys their work. Yearly continuing education and training classes helps to ensure they are at the top of their game. Several of our therapists have worked in the clinic for more than 23 years.
- Return our patients to their previous (or higher) level of function as quickly and safely as possible
- Educate patients, empowering them to take an active role in their rehabilitation
- Provide patients with vital information to help prevent future injuries
- Provide the highest level of patient care, using the most advanced treatment techniques
- Maintain clear communication between both the patients and their doctors
- Provide a high standard of continuing education for our staff
- Accelerated sports rehab
- ACL treatment and injury prevention training
- Back injury education and stabilization programs
- Baseball rehab and injury prevention
- Biomechanical evaluations of the foot
- Cervical and lumbar traction
- Cold laser treatment (LLLT)
- Count'r force™ sports bracing
- Custom static and dynamic splinting
- Electrical stimulation
- Game Ready™ ice compression
- Hand rehabilitation
- Hip arthroscopic surgery rehab
- Individualized exercise programs
- McConnell biomechanical taping and Kineso taping®
- Occupational therapy for hand/elbow
- Orthotic fabrication/shoe inserts
- Pneumatic compression machines for swelling/edema
- Pre and post-operative care
- Public speaking on sports medicine topics
- Running efficiency and mechanics analysis
- Shoulder rehab
- Tennis/Golfer's elbow treatment programs
- Trigger point dry needling
- A physician's prescription for PT is not required. Virginia has direct access that allows a patient to be treated for one month before requiring a written prescription.
- Appointments usually last about 1 hour.
- Please print and fill out your paperwork prior to your appointment or arrive 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to complete the required forms.
- Arrive with proper workout attire (i.e. athletic shoes, shorts or sweat pants and loose fitting shirt).
- If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to provide us with proper notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
- On your first appointment, you will be evaluated. Your therapist will help you set goals, lay out an individualized treatment program and start you on a home exercise program to help return you to your normal activities as quickly as possible.
- Your physician will be advised of pertinent evaluation findings and will be sent updates as your treatment progresses.
- VSI accepts many medical insurance plans. Please contact our office to check on a specific plan, ask questions or make appointments.
VSI has two locations. Our main office is located in Arlington Virginia, in Medical Building C on the campus of Virginia Hospital Center at 1715 N. George Mason Dr. There is a multi-level pay parking garage (Parking Lot C) attached to our medical office. This facility is only a few miles from the Ballston and East Falls Church Metro stops on the Orange Line.
In addition, we have a satellite office in McLean located at 1499 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 101, McLean, VA 22101.
Please call our main office at 703-525-5542 for questions or to schedule an appointment at either location.