What to Expect
- If you are coming for Occupational Therapy a prescription from a physician is required
- A physician's prescription for PT is not required. Virginia has direct access that allows a patient to be treated for one month before requiring a written prescription.
- Appointments usually last about 1 hour.
- Please print and fill out your paperwork prior to your appointment or arrive 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to complete the required forms.
- Arrive with proper workout attire (i.e. athletic shoes, shorts or sweat pants and loose fitting shirt).
- If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to provide us with proper notice of cancellation, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
- On your first appointment, you will be evaluated. Your therapist will help you set goals, lay out an individualized treatment program and start you on a home exercise program to help return you to your normal activities as quickly as possible.
- Your physician will be advised of pertinent evaluation findings and will be sent updates as your treatment progresses.
- VSI accepts many medical insurance plans. Please contact our office to check on a specific plan, ask questions or make appointments.
We Work as a Team
After your initial evaluation by a licensed therapist, your treatments may be scheduled with another licensed member of the rehabilitation team who will coordinate your care to help meet your rehabilitation goals. This helps you, the patient, have some flexibility in your appointment times and no gap in treatment if your therapist is sick, on vacation, or at continuing education classes. This team approach allows our therapist to pool together their collective knowledge based on their individual experiences, number of years in clinical practice and various backgrounds, creating diversity in treatment options to aid you in recovering more quickly. To help in your treatment we utilize Certified Athletic Trainers, Personal Trainers and Physical Therapy Students. They will assist in guiding you through your rehab. This team approach allows the patient more time here in the clinic to ensure they are getting a full treatment program and the ability to get answers to any questions that might arise. In our 40 years of doing business we have found the "team approach" from our physicians, therapists, front desk staff, rehab techs and you the patient allows for the most efficient quality and care.
Please call if you are running late. Physical therapy treatments may be abbreviated for patients arriving 10-15 minutes late. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late you may be asked to reschedule. Obviously, we try to deliver the same respect for your time- if we are running late; the session will be completed in its entirety.
If you are unable to keep a physical therapy appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance so that we may offer this time to other patients who would like to be seen in our office. If you must cancel and/or miss your previously scheduled appointment and do not provide the required notice, you will be charged a cancellation fee. This fee is not covered by insurance. For Workers Compensation clients, we are obligated to inform your case manager or adjuster whenever a treatment session is missed.